Portuguese designer Susana Soares has developed a device for detecting cancer and other serious diseases using trained bees. The bees are placed in a glass chamber into which the patient exhales; the bees fly into a smaller secondary chamber if they detect cancer.
Scientists have found that honey bees - Apis mellifera - have an extraordinary sense of smell that is more acute than that of a sniffer dog and can detect airborne molecules in the parts-per-trillion range.
Bees can be trained to detect specific chemical odours, including the biomarkers associated with diseases such as tuberculosis, lung, skin and pancreatic cancer.
— Susana Soares
I was sitting with a friend the other day at a bar (yes, this actually happens in Vancouver sometimes) and I ordered “the burger”. Wait staff asks “would you like veggie or beef?” Seriously? I said burger. Do people actually order “the burger” and cry when they actually meant veggie burger? Does it really need to be verified if by burger I mean veggie burger? Are vegetarians that entitled to believe they have shifted in to the norm in regards to traditionally meat dishes?
Then I realized of course. I ask a vancouverite where do I get a good plate of nachos and I get the answer “The Foundation”. I ask about burritos and get “Bandidas”. Both totally fucking vegetarian. Wait staff there always tell me “I won’t miss the meat”. That’s like telling me I won’t miss blow jobs because hand jobs are the shit now.
Dude try Sal Y Limon for burritos. Actually, tacos, get the tacos. And yes, The Foundation nachos are way overrated.
There are various reasons why dating is terrible here. I will list them.
- People dress like turds. Meaning they show up to dates looking like turds. I have actually made girls embarrassed because of how well put together I was even to the most casual of coffee dates.
- People claim introversion. It’s not introversion. In fact, the whole concept of introversion is bull shit. Extroversion and Introversion as we know it are both extremes that are unbalanced and should be tempered. Dating is inherently relational. So self-proclaimed introverts will suck at this.
- People blame the rain on not wanting to get out. HAVE YOU FELT HOW COLD OR SNOW-Y IT IS IN THE REST OF CANADA??? People get laid more in fucking Calgary. Stop whining.
- Vegetarianism. I swear vegetarianism kills libido.
- People are racist. I’m obviously not white so it sucks when I’m on a date somebody says something racist.
- Self-abosrption. People are self-absorbed in Vancouver. Their lives revolve around their state of mind. They hate becoming unbalanced. Love and sex are huge stimulants that will fuck you up. So they avoid it like the plague.
- I should find 100 more reasons.
Haha this is so true.
John Waters and Iggy Pop - Sourced from the book American Originals: John Waters by John G. Ives
kyotocat. credit: charles nevols